Parachute is looking for an experienced Sourcing Manager with global sourcing experience within the home textiles industry. This position would create and maintain an environment that supports the brands “product first” vision while aligning with initiatives around innovative product, speed, cost reduction, quality, mitigation of risk, supplier continuity and utilization of emerging opportunities. This person must possess professional level communication skills and thrive in a dynamic, cross-functional, collaborative team environment.
- Develop strong, functional relationships with key suppliers.
- Actively manage all supplier relationships and create vendor database to ensure all suppliers meet and attain capacity/delivery/margin requirements, social compliance and quality assurance standards and brand quality and aesthetic.
- Assist in establishing targets and negotiating final prices to achieve the margin goals. Manage all vendor negotiations in a way that builds partnerships while meeting the financial needs of the business.
- Identify new suppliers by preparing a detailed product brief and request for quotations.
- Work to redevelop core programs and to ensure product quality/aesthetic attributes are met while managing risk of supplier dependance.
- Conduct general market research pertaining to potential suppliers and product specification and development opportunities for category expansion.
- Partner with Product and Merchandising teams in executing seasonal developments through approval according to the calendar deadlines.
- Partner with Planning to ensure projections and capacity reservations are communicated in a timely manner.
- Take ownership of vendor manual management and execution with each supplier .
- Maintain open and frequent communication with design, development, merchandising, planning, logistics, and finance.
- 5+ years experience in global sourcing within the home furnishings industry with concentration in textiles.
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing process, including construction, performance and finishing details.
- Deep knowledge of vendor contacts across home categories required.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to understand brand aesthetic and design.
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and PLM system management.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally as needed.
- Reports to office headquarters in Venice Beach, CA.
Please send resume to email@example.com with “SOURCING MANAGER‘” in the subject line.