NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Contest begins at 11:30:01 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 24, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on August 31, 2016 (the “Contest Period”). Void outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited by law. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this promotion.
1. SPONSOR: This Contest is sponsored by Parachute located at 542 Rose Avenue, Venice, CA 90291 (“Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: Parachute “#MyParachuteHome” Instagram Photo Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal U.S. residents residing in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age at time of entry or as of July 24, 2016 whichever is older. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor or their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, website providers, web masters, (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
3. TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, eligible persons (“Entrant”) can enter by downloading the free Instagram mobile application and be a registered user of Instagram (www.instagram.com) with a public account to participate in the Contest. Standard data rates apply. To download the Instagram mobile application for free, simply visit www.instagram.com. Once registered as an Instagram user, follow Sponsor at: http://instagram.com/parachutehome (a “Follower”or“Followers”).
In order to qualify as an Entrant, Followers must (i) take a photo that best represents what “#MyParachuteHome” means to them and (ii) post the photo on Instagram including the hashtag #MyParachuteHome. Any posts not containing the hashtag and Parachute product will be disqualified. Entries must be published to the Entrant's Instagram account within fourteen (14) days of the posting date of initial call for entries on Parachute’s Instagram account. By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. No other method of participation will be available. Entries must be submitted by the participant. Entrant may be asked to answer optional questions, complete a Clearance Process (including, but not limited to, submitting full name, email address, mailing address, and birthdate and completing an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release) and/or register for future notices of online promotions.
By entering, each Entrant warrants and represents that his/her entry is original, has not been previously published or won any award, does not contain any material that would defame or otherwise violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including patents, copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity, and will not violate any federal, state or local laws or ordinances. Entrants further warrant and represent that they have secured the requisite consent from any third party referenced in their entries. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes contains obscene, offensive or inappropriate content, that does not comply with these Official Rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the Contest.
Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the permitted number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, addresses or any other method will void all of that Entrant's entries and that Entrant may be disqualified at Sponsor's discretion. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Normal Internet, phone and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected or illegible entries; lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; or miscommunications, computer or software malfunctions, telephone transmission problems, technical failures, garbled transmissions, damage to a user's computer equipment (software or hardware) or other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant or participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider or other organization (which may include an employer) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win.
4. SELECTION OF WINNER: Judging of the “#MyParachuteHome” Instagram Photo Contest submissions will be conducted by a committee selected by Parachute. Winning photographs will be announced on Parachute’s social networks in September 2016. Parachute will notify the winners via direct message on Instagram. Sponsor may disqualify anyone who fails to respond to the notification within three (3) business days.
The winners will be announced via direct message on Instagram as well as being posted on www.instagram.com/parachutehome. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. If a potential winner does not respond within three (3) business days after the first attempt to notify him/her that he/she has been selected to receive a prize, that potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and the finalist with the next highest number of votes will be selected as an alternate potential winner in his/her place. If no finalist claims the prize, Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner at random from all eligible entries received. Any alternate potential winner will also have three (3) business days to claim the prize and must satisfy all eligibility requirements.
Except where legally prohibited, each potential winner will be required to complete and return, within three (3) business days of being notified, an Affidavit of Eligibility and, Liability & Publicity Release or Declaration of Compliance in order to claim his/her prize. If after the first attempt to contact him/her or if he/she fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release or Declaration of Compliance within the required time period (if applicable), or if potential winner and his/her companion are unavailable to travel within any time period specified by Sponsor or in the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize, and the Entrant with the next highest number of votes will be selected as an alternate potential winner. Noncompliance with the foregoing, failure to abide by these Official Rules or return of the prize notification as non-deliverable may result in disqualification and naming of an alternate potential winner.
Only twenty-five (25) alternate winner selections will be made, after which any remaining prizes will remain un-awarded.
POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
5. PRIZE: Total of one (1) winner. The winner will receive one (1) Gift Card for Parachute with a Retail Value (“RV”) of $100.00.
6. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Limit one (1) prize per person, per household. Any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein, including but not limited to: change of air travel fees, ground transportation, automobile insurance, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, service charges or facility charges including resort fees, gratuities, personal charges at lodging, security fees and/or other expenses, are the sole responsibility of winner. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or components of a prize(s). Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Contest. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: This Contest is governed by the laws of the United States. Void where prohibited by law and outside the United States. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Neither Sponsor nor anyone acting on its behalf will enter into any communications with any Entrant regarding this Contest, except as expressly set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, the website, and/or the legitimate operation of the Contest; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for (i) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (iv) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus or bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, which corrupt or affect the operation, administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) modify the Contest or suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (b) award the prize from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment in accordance with the winner selection criteria described above.
8. PUBLICITY; LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANT AGREES THAT SPONSOR, INSTAGRAM AND ITS/THEIR PARENT COMPANY[IES], AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION OR IN ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE.
EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION CONSTITUTES WINNER’S GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), AND THE RELEASED PARTIES THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLD WIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE WINNER’S ENTRY, NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING EACH WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Instagram. Company shall not be liable for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. All rights reserved.